Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Season of Lent

I am not catholic. Nor was I ever raised Catholic. I'm a baptist by practice, but aren't we all Christian?! I know a lot of people that don't observe the period of Lent, my own mother being one, but this year I have decided that I will try something new. I've always wanted to fast but feared I did not possess the strength. I have made attempts but failed miserably. I decided that I would observe Lent this year because I believe in the tradition. Sacrifice is a part of life. Growing up in a Liberian household I learned that lesson well. You can't truly want something and not sacrifice for it. I Love my Lord and I am so thankful for all that he has given me. A little sacrifice on behalf of what he sacrificed for me is nothing! His life to my peanut butter & frosted flakes.

Which brings me to what I'm giving up for Lent. My beloved peanut butter and the key to my heart, frosted flakes. Y'all might not understand, but peanut butter is an essential part of my diet since I don't eat a lot of meet. I eat peanut butter sandwiches almost everyday. They are delicious! Especially when they are toasted. Oh, be still my heart. As for the frosted flakes I eat about 3-5 boxes a month. I could eat a bowl for every meal of the day! This should be quite an experience. I've never had to go without the foods I love the most. I hope you all can get into the spirit of sacrifice this season. Be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment